Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Pacifier Blog

So I haven't been blogging very much because not much is going on since I started my new job. I had a birthday, which was outstanding. It started in Albuquerque with Eve, Jason, and Chris. Eve and I started at our favorite place for chain restaurant Italian (bellinis!), Macaroni Grill, and then met her beau, Jason, and his roommate Chris for some asininity downtown. We went to Maloney's (a.k.a. Logan's-West) and headed to OPM, where I proceeded to push a girl who rammed into me while we were plowing our way through the crowded dance floor. She (or someone) punched my right shoulder and I walked away because I was loaded and didn't care... you don't mess with the cholas. Chris kept challenging me to robot dancing contests, and Jason tried to teach me how to do some sweet Jiu-Jitsu moves and subsequently put me in an armbar, causing temporary paralysis in my arm. Good times. :o)

Back in Dallas, I also celebrated my birthday on the same day as the TX/OU game here in Dallas. Many shots were taken, beers drank, and again, I did the robot but this time I was unprovoked!

Holy cow. And then sometimes I get drunk on a Sunday night, because my roommate buys seven bottles of wine and gets a 10% discount at Albertson's, and remember that my new job has a new "Happy Hour" program in which we visit bars/clubs/restaurants that "need love" every week, and that approximately 89% of the employees show up to work hungover/still drunk every day (so not my style). We are also offered various tickets to all sorts of metroplex events like (in the week that I've been there) tickets to Trace Adkins, Bocktoberfest, Jamie Cullum, Running with Scissors, Rent (which I attended Friday night and it was grandtabulous), et al.

Then I think about how I'm going to a Mavericks game (Dallas season opener) in a couple of weeks and how I'll walk to it since I live so close to American Airlines Center, and how Dirk and I will probably go shopping for designer shoes and hair products afterwards at Northpark. I also think about how I will hopefully be going to the Texas State Fair soon and how I will be eating something that is not intended to be fried, but is anyways, because this is Texas and that's the cool thing to do. And how I will insist on perusing the Dr. Pepper display at the fair...

THEN, I think about going to Las Cruces next weekend and how I am so excited to see all of my college friends, drink stupid amounts of beer, and eat dirty green chile burritos. Unfortunatley, it will only be Maud waking me at un-Godly hours as opposed to Maud and Lesgar, but she knows we'll be thinking of her as we cheer on the Aggies (and hopefully sleep in, in my case). You all know how I love to sleep in after an evening of frivolity...

Anyhoo, this is mainly a blog straight up for my friend and former neighbor, Jaime, because he's my only fan! Love ya and I hope I see you next weekend, playa!! :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Thanks neighbor! Feelin the love! But we'll have to find a new drinking hole as the Brew Ha-Ha has closed for allowing people to become too intoxicated! But definitely look me up and we'll drink STOOPID amounts of beer and eat all the dirty green chile burritos that you can stomach! Thanks again Wheels! I was kinda going through withdrawls! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you girls...sorry to hear it was such a shitty time... I too had a bad weekend. I promise I will be there in Crimson and White for the UNM-NMSU game next year!
How is the new job goin'?

Sarah said...

Lesgar! Be glad you didn't come because of the whole Motel 6 debacle... geez. I'm sure you heard about all the other fun stuff as well! :o)

I think the NMSU/UNM is my choice next year as well unless more people go to Homecoming. We'll see in a year!

The new job is goin'! Not great pay, but great perks. I've gone to Rent for free, and last night I could have gone to a Stars game and sat in the fancy section, but I was a loser and stayed home! Next time...

Hope everything gets better in AZ. Come visit me in Dallas if you need a break, Fave! :o)